Funding body information

Telford and Wrekin Council

Telford & Wrekin Council
Civic Offices
01952 380000

Point of contact:

Rural Access Officer,


Telford and Wrekin Council does not appear to run any funding schemes for voluntary sector groups. However, the council advise groups in search of funding to contact Telford and Wrekin Community and Voluntary Service (CVS).

Many local authorities are now moving away from grant-making and beginning to use commissioning as a way to distribute funding to the third sector. Local commissioners can be difficult to find and identify, however NAVCA have created a guide that may help: 'Finding your Commissioner'

Voluntary Sector Funding Pages:

Telford Compact

Useful organisations:

Telford and Wrekin CVS


This website was difficult to navigate; there were no obvious links to voluntary sector funding under the main Community section.

There appears to be no Voluntary Sector Unit and no contact details could be found for a Grants Officer or Voluntary Sector Liaison Officer.

What is the DSC Funder Rating?

We need your help

Our ratings are by no means a final verdict, just a starting point to begin discussions about the voluntary sector’s experience of government funders. We are inviting all subscribers to share their experiences and contribute to the DSC Funder Rating. If you can help, please email us at