Funding body information

Isle of Wight Council

County Hall
High Street
Isle of Wight
PO30 1UD
01983 821000

Point of contact:

see entry,


Isle of Wight Council no longer administer grants schemes directly.

Funding and other forms of voluntary sector support can be found through the Isle of Wight Rural Community Council: Isle of Wight Rural Community Council.

Many local authorities are now moving away from grant-making and beginning to use commissioning as a way to distribute funding to the third sector. Local commissioners can be difficult to find and identify, however NAVCA have created a guide that may help: 'Finding your commissioner'

Voluntary Sector Funding Pages:

The Rural Community Council use to administer funds on behalf of the council; however this is not the case. The RCC can provide independent funding advice, which required the enquirer to fill out a contact form online. Please see the RCC's website for further information:

External Funding Information

Useful organisations:

South East England Development Agency:

Isle of Wight Rural Community Council:

Funding Central:

There is little information on the council's website to explain the situation of its funding or work with the VCS sector.

However, contact details are given for the Rural Community Council and South East England Development Agency, both of which work to support voluntary sector groups looking for funding.

What is the DSC Funder Rating?

We need your help

Our ratings are by no means a final verdict, just a starting point to begin discussions about the voluntary sector’s experience of government funders. We are inviting all subscribers to share their experiences and contribute to the DSC Funder Rating. If you can help, please email us at