Funding body information

Cornwall County Council

County Hall
Treyew Road,
0300 1234 100

Point of contact:

Communities and Devolution Team, 0800 028 0120,


Cornwall Council website advises that if you have a project that needs funding, to make contact with the Communities and Devolution team. For enquiries about the grant search programmes or advice about looking for grant funding please contact

Further information, as well as events and funding bulletins are available at the Cornwall Council website.

You may also be eligible for help with planning, developing and implementing your project, as well as best practice advice on submitting your funding applications.

Community groups can also be referred to other specialist advisors such as the

Many local authorities are now moving away from grant-making and beginning to use commissioning as a way to distribute funding to the third sector. Local commissioners can be difficult to find and identify, however NAVCA have created a guide that may help: 'Finding your Commissioner'

Voluntary Sector Funding Pages:

Cornwall Grants Advice Service

Useful organisations:

Cornwall Voluntary Sector Forum

Cornwall Rural Community Council (CRCC)

Penwith Community Development Trust (PCDT)

The information available on the council website is accessible and well thought out. However, the information is largely signposting organisations to different funders as the council does not offer its own grant schemes.

Organisations are given clear and simple information about who to contact and how to apply for funding from other sources.

What is the DSC Funder Rating?

We need your help

Our ratings are by no means a final verdict, just a starting point to begin discussions about the voluntary sector’s experience of government funders. We are inviting all subscribers to share their experiences and contribute to the DSC Funder Rating. If you can help, please email us at